Is Greek Yogurt Good For Weight Loss?
You may have seen advertisements on television and in magazines that state “Kefir is Greek Yogurt.” There is some confusion as to what this means and how it affects weight loss. What is certain is that Greek Yogurt is one of the healthiest choices that you can eat. It has a large range of benefits, including:
* Helps with digestion – Studies have shown that consuming yogurt regularly helps with digestion. This is because the live cultures and probiotics that exist in the yogurt help your body’s digestion process. In addition, when your digestion process is improved, your body’s blood sugar level will remain more stable, which can aid in weight loss. Since the intestines and bloodstream both benefit from the use of yogurt, it is very beneficial to those suffering from constipation, bloating, and/or high blood pressure.
* Provides nutrients – As mentioned above, the probiotics and enzymes that are found in Greek Yogurt act as a helpful aid to digestion and weight loss. These nutrients are then carried through the bloodstream to the muscles. Because these muscles need energy to function, the muscles will burn fat. This further aids in weight loss. However, the exact mechanism is not known, but this is believed to be related to the increase of metabolism and the breakdown of fat.
* Boosts energy levels – Greek Yogurt contains an enzyme called FOS that has been shown to increase energy levels. Many people who have used this product have reported increased energy levels and better sleep at night. This has been associated with a higher metabolic rate that contributes to weight loss. The longer the product is consumed, the more FOS is produced and therefore more calories are burned.
* Reduces fat content – Fat is stored in all parts of the body. When fat is stored in the abdomen, it can lead to discomfort, bloating, and excess weight. Fat is stored in other areas as well, such as the neck, hips, and thighs. Therefore, Greek Yogurt can be a great weight loss aid, because it tends to reduce fat.
* Helps regulate blood sugar – Since the lactose in the yogurt is digested, it helps regulate blood sugar. Blood sugar levels are important, because they determine energy levels. If blood sugar levels are high, it is harder for you to exercise, eat, and do everything else you need to do to stay healthy. Since consuming Greek Yogurt provides so much fiber, it also reduces the amount of carbohydrates you take in. In addition, the acidity of the yogurt prevents the formation of bad cholesterol that is associated with diabetes.
* It is loaded with protein – The active cultures (the active bacteria) in Greek Yogurt make it high in protein. High levels of protein are needed for maintaining healthy cells and bones. When cells and bones are damaged, they cannot function properly and can lead to weight loss. For this reason, many people use Greek Yogurt for weight loss. The healthy bacteria found in Greek Yogurt help prevent diseases and disorders, making them natural supplements for a healthy body.
As you can see, there are many health benefits associated with consuming Greek yogurt on a regular basis. You do not have to count calories or obsess over portion sizes. Instead, give this delicious treat a chance to work for you!
* It is full of iron – Do you know that the beneficial bacteria found in Greek Yogurt helps lower the risk of developing heart diseases? This means that consuming it on a regular basis is beneficial for weight loss. The iron content of Greek Yogurt is extremely high, which gives you more energy to work out and burn fat. However, this should not be your only reason to add this healthy snack to your diet.
* It is rich in vitamins and minerals – Not only is Greek Yogurt a great snack, it is also rich in vitamins and minerals. This makes it an excellent addition to your diet! When you consume this healthy snack, it helps improve the functioning of the digestive system. This means that your body is able to absorb nutrients and convert them into energy. If you want to gain more energy, this is the snack for you!
* It is full of protein – Greek Yogurt is also loaded with proteins. In fact, it has more protein than any other yogurts available in the market today! In addition, the protein content helps increase the metabolism of the body so you can lose weight faster. When the metabolism rate of the body is high, the body uses up more calories than usual. Therefore, adding yogurt in your diet is very helpful for weight loss!